Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

You Can also Receive Free Email Updates:

Powered By NBT

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

You Can also Receive Free Email Updates:

Powered By NBT

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

?

You Can also Receive Free Email Updates:

Powered By NBT

Idiyappam / Nuulputtu

              
idiyappam

                    'Idiyappam' ! Thats not how I say.. I know for lots of people in our kerala it is idiyappam. But for me it is Nuulputtu and I like it that way..
                     This is one of the traditional breakfasts of kerala. My mother used to tell its quiet a mess when doing this and also not a quick one. But I never felt like that. Dont know why its very easy for me. If I wake up late and if there is a 'stomach cry' to eat something tastythen this Nuulputtu idea hits my head. No cutting and no man power. My idiyappam press requires less effort also. And hey I dont use any curry along with this. We use coconut milk and sugar. Thats a great combination for me.. Like 'heaven'.. Even for Pathiri, Kaypathiri and Oattada also. Dont think laziness maybe the reason for this. Never. I love it like that. But my husband needs curry so I make something for him and sometimes he likes it my way.
                 Whenever I make them, I get reminded of my aunt Nurja Kunjumma.. Kunjumma means mom's younger sister. She always make these and its easy for her also..And mom says I may be like her..

Ingredients:
  1. Rice flour : 1 cup
  2. Water : 1 cup
  3. Salt : to taste
  4. Grated coconut : As required
Method :
  1. Take water in a pan and heat it. 
  2. In a separate bowl put rice flour and salt . When the water boils completely, add water slowly and mix the rice flour with a handle or back side of a ladle until it forms a soft sticky batter as shown in below pic.
  3. Mixing and pouring water should be done at the same time. No need to add the full 1 cup. The batter should be kneaded well with the ladle (though its little difficult)and should be a little bit loose. If you want you can add ghee or oil. I avoid it normally
  4. Now cover it with a lid for 2-3 min for the flour to get partially cooked.
  5. Grease idiyappam press and idli plates with ghee or oil
  6. Knead the dough again for few min with hands .If not the idiyappam will break easily.
  7. Take the dough into idiyappam press and fill it fully. Press it into the idli maker by swirling it to form round shaped idiyappams.
  8. Sprinkle some coconut over it. Complete all the remaining dough in the same procedure.
  9. Place these plates onto the idli maker or steamer. Steam for 10-15 min. When touched the strings should be stiff and not breakable. This shows cooking is done.
  10. Serve with coconut milk and any combination curry. 

noolputtu


by Nilofer Ajmal
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...